Full Stack Developer
About the role
We are looking for a full stack web developer with 1 – 2+ years of experience creating or working on successful dynamic websites to join our team and create great responsive experiences for both new and existing clients.
You will primarily take designs created in Photoshop, Affinity, Sketch etc. and turn them into high quality, content managed WordPress websites. We’re looking for developers with a real eye for detail who can demonstrate some examples of work they are proud of.
We also create more bespoke web applications on the Laravel framework. Experience of Laravel or a similar MVC framework is a bonus but even without such knowledge, you would ideally have the desire to expand your PHP development knowledge and begin working with Laravel. We will provide a Laracasts account and full support as you get started along with real world projects to sink your teeth into.
Skills & Requirements
- Strong HTML5, CSS3 experience (we use SASS but LESS skills are transferable)
- Strong cross-browser compatibility work
- Strong PHP 5.6+ knowledge (at least as far as it relates to WordPress templates)
- Experience using WordPress; creating bespoke themes/plugins (we build on our own Barebones theme)
- Experience with Responsive Web Design
- Experience slicing up designs in Photoshop / Affinity Designer / Sketch etc.
- Experience with front end workflow tools like Grunt, Gulp and others. We currently work with Gulp and webpack
- Knowledge of an MVC framework (such as Laravel, CakePHP, Symfony)
- Experience using Version Control (we use Git)
- Experience using WooCommerce
- Experience of integrating with external APIs
Salary: Competitive (based on experience)
Benchmark is about more than building high quality digital products. We have grown almost exclusively through word of mouth because of the way in which we are able to explain the methodology and value behind the work we do.
From growing startups to established international corporations, we provide smart and powerful solutions to organisations worldwide. Our unique plain speaking consultancy remains at the heart of what we do every day. We believe in working hard, delivering what we promise and communicating with clarity along the way.
Based on the South Bank, London, we are a small but perfectly formed agency looking to surround ourselves with intelligent and highly motivated people. In exchange, you’ll have the trust to work independently with the support of an experienced team around you on a varied but steady workflow that prioritises a healthy work-life balance that can be rare in the agency space. If this sounds like the kind of place you could grow and thrive, then we’d love to hear from you.
How to apply
Send us your CV and / or a link to your online portfolio along with a short paragraph about why you think you would be right for the role to [email protected].
No recruiters or agencies, please.